using canned responses to save you time.
Creating templates for all emails that you are repeatedly sending to your clients (i.e. A confirmation email for your first session or a sessions invoice) can be a tremendous time saver. Gmail CANNED RESPONSES are the ideal tool for storing these templates and easily reloading them when necessary. take a few minutes now & save you tons of time later on by following these simple steps.
1. WHERE TO START.
- Open your gmail account
- Find the gear icon in the upper right hand corner
- Click the gear to open a drop down menu
- Click 'Settings'
- Find & click on the 'LABS' button
- Under the 'Canned Responses' section, click ENABLE
- Scroll Down & Save Changes!
2. what's next?
- Compose that repetitive email that you'd like to have saved for quick use in the future, including the subject, body content, and signature.
- Once the email is completed, click on the down arrow in the bottom right corner
- Hover over 'CANNED RESPONSES'
- There will be a gray'ed out Insert, Save, Delete
- Under Save, click on 'New Canned Response'
- Give this saved email a name that will help you know what it is for quick access when sending later
- Click OK
The next time you receive an email that warrants one of your saved responses:
- Click REPLY
- Instead of typing anything, go straight to that down arrow in the bottom right corner, hover over 'CANNED RESPONSES'
- Under the gray-ed out Insert header, click which previously written email you'd like inserted
- The response will appear in your email as you had typed it!
- Of course you can edit the email for specific individual(s), adding in the appropriate greeting, farewell, and any personalized touch you can which will not effect the original canned response